Flu Vaccination Information
The Flu vaccine is now available at both Tawa Medical Centre and Linden Surgery. To book in for this or if you have any questions, please call reception. Please see below for the funded vaccine criteria. If you require an unfunded vaccine, the cost is $37.
FUNDED INFLUENZA VACCINATION
Eligibility criteria may change throughout the influenza season and this list may be added to. To check if the criteria is current, search influenza vaccine at New Zealand Pharmaceutical Schedule- schedule.pharmac.govt.nz/ScheduleOnline.php
Funded influenza vaccine is available each year for people who meet the following criteria set by Pharmac:
- All people 65 years of age and over
- Maori and Pacific peoples aged 55 to 64 years
- People under 65 years of age who have any of the following cardiovascular diseases: ischaemic heart disease, congestive heart failure, rheumatic heart disease, congenital heart disease or cerebrovascular disease
- People under 65 years of age who have any of the following chronic respiratory diseases: asthma (if on regular preventative therapy) or other chronic respiratory disease with impaired lung function
- Anyone with diabetes
- Anyone with chronic renal disease
- Anyone who has cancer, excluding basal and squamous skin cancers if not invasive
- Have any of the following other conditions: autoimmune disease, immune suppression or immune deficiency, HIV infection, transplant recipient, neuromuscular or CNS disease/disorder, haemoglobinopathy, children on long-term aspirin, a cochlear implant, error of metabolism at risk of major metabolic decompensation, pre or post splenectomy or down syndrome.
- Anyone who is pregnant
- People under the age of 65 years who have any of the following serious mental health conditions: schizophrenia, major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder or schizoaffective disorder and/or are currently accessing secondary or tertiary mental health and addiction services.
- Children 6 months to 12 years of age (inclusive). For eligible tamariki who require two doses of the vaccine, both doses are funded.